Environmental Management System Policy Statement
Scope: TEN Automotive Equipment Limited (referred to hereafter as The Company) is a major European Manufacturer and Supplier of Automotive Testing Equipment and Training Provider. With an extensive range of products and services, TEN have become established as a Leading UK Supplier to the MOT Testing and Vehicle Servicing Industry.
The Company recognises it's responsibilities and is committed to reducing the environmental impact globally, locally to its neighbours and to its employees. As a result The Company is committed to managing and enhance environmental performance, working towards environmental sustainability through continuous improvement by enacting the Philosophy of reducing usage with increasing re-use of materials.
Specific Company initiatives are to:
- Reduce waste by close co-operation with our waste contractors and by waste reduction at source, waste segregation and recycling.
- Reduce energy consumption by monitoring, identifying opportunities and by employing new energy saving technology, maintain the principle of the ISO 14001 environmental standard.
- Comply fully with all the compliance issues including regulatory and other requirements, and the expectations and needs of relevant interested parties.
- Setting objectives and targets that take into account both regulatory requirements and analysis of significant aspects for the continuous minimisation of our impacts on the environment. Our aspects will be published internally but shall not be communicated outside The Company.
- Identify, reduce and ultimately prevent pollution sources within our organisation, optimising the use of raw materials to minimise waste whilst fostering energy efficiencies and environmental benefits
- Encourage our suppliers and contractors to consider the Environmental effects of their own processes and activities, with future selection of suppliers supported by an Environmental assessment.
- Raise general environmental awareness and motivation for all of our employees, enabling activities to be carried out in a responsible manner and identify special needs, training and education as appropriate.
- Maintaining a policy of openness and dialogue with our employees, stakeholders and any other interested parties.