General Data Protection Regulation – 25th May 2018
TEN Automotive Equipment Limited (hereafter referred to the Company, “we” or “us”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Customers, Candidates, website and social media visitors; being transparent in how we collect and treat your personal information in ways that comply with our legal obligations.
It is the Company policy to:-
- Process your personal information fairly and in accordance with applicable laws;
- Tell you (either directly or in our policies) about how we will use your personal information
- Only collect personal information from you when we need it for legitimate purposes, or legal reasons
- Ensure that your personal information is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which we collect it;
- Not keep your personal information for longer than we need to
- Keep your personal information secure, and limit the people who can access it
- Ensure that you know how to access your personal information and exercise your rights in relation to it, including being able to keep it accurate and up-to-date; and
- Ensure that any third parties we share your personal information with take appropriate steps to protect it.
Some of the key points of the Company privacy statement are:
- We do not sell your data to third parties.
- We wish to make it easy for you to manage your information, so you can change your communication preferences at any time.
- We do use data to help us monitor and improve customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it’s relevant, useful and timely
The Company; Ten Automotive is a major European Manufacturer and Supplier of Automotive Testing Equipment & Training. With an extensive range of products and services TEN have become a established as a UK Leading Supplier of Equipment & Training to the UK MOT Testing and Vehicle Servicing industry.
Your Personal Information:
- What personal information do we collect?
· How do we use your personal information?
· Your personal information and our links to third parties
· Personal Data Portability:
· Training and Accredited Awarding Bodies
· Using your information for marketing and monitoring
· Credit Checks
· How long do we keep your personal information?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- Third Party Websites
· Information passed on to Training and Accredited Awarding Bodies
- How do we protect your personal information?
- Your Privacy Rights
· Opting Out
- How to contact us
What personal information do we collect?
At times we may request that you supply us with personal information. Generally this personal information is requested when you want us to provide you with information, or a service. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to by filling in forms on the website including name, address, email address, telephone number, company account number, company details and details of your employer.
- Careers and job application details
- You may also provide us with delivery, billing and payment information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of transactions carried out through our website or through other channels and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Any personal information or preferences you may provide to us in comment boxes or while using our "Contact us" functionality; or online “Book Now” web portal service.’
- Details of your visits to the website and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, including, but not limited to, your IP address (a unique identifier for your computer of other device) and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
How do we use your personal information:
We will use your personal information in the following ways:
To maintain our relationship with you, communicate with you, and provide you with information about, or any changes to our products, services and pricing.
- To help us customise various aspects of our web sites to improve your experience, and ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests;
- To monitor the quality of our products and services and to investigate any concerns or complaints you may make; or disputes between you and the Company.
- To create and run your customer account; including to obtain credit references, credit checks and trade screening for debt collection, fraud detection and prevention and business risk management purposes
- To process your order and carry out our obligations arising from any Maintenance or Calibration contracts entered into between you and the Company;
- To provide After-Sales Services to you, including but not limited to administering warranty, Service, Calibration, Return or Refund policies;
- For statistical analysis, research, internal reporting, record keeping.
- To provide you with suggested local distributors who stock products that you are interested in.
- In order to market our own products and services to you by post, e-mail, SMS, social media or over the telephone long as this is in line with any marketing preferences you have provided us with, and where you have consented to this, or where you have not objected to this and we are marketing similar products and services to those which were subject to a previous sale, or negotiations with you.
- For training, quality control and Staff safety purposes; and
If you choose to apply for a job that is listed on our website, we may ask you to complete an application form and upload or email a CV, supporting documents and covering letter. This information will not be used for any other purpose that what it was intended for. We will not store job applications or supporting documents unless you specifically wish us to do so and will be handled only in connection with future job vacancies which may arise.
Your personal information and our links to third parties:
Personal Data Portability:
The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data, from the Company, for your purposes across different services. It allows you move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability. Doing this enables individuals to take advantage of applications and services that can use this data to your advantage.
The right only applies only to personal information you have provided to the Company and not “ISO 17025 Controlled Documentation” and Confidential Documentation (such as Invoicing or Account Information) generated by the Company when carrying out ISO 17025 Calibration & Servicing to a specific Individual, Garage or Group Dealership.
Training and Accredited Awarding Bodies:
We operate our Training & Award Centre within the guidelines laid out by the Awarding Bodies we are accredited to, such as ABC Awards and Institute of Motor Industry. We retain a candidate’s personal information securely, in electronically and in paper format. This personal information is exchanged with, and as required by the respective Awarding Body and is never sold to any third party for marketing purposes. Please click on the relevant links below for more information on the Awarding Bodies Policies and Procedures:.
Using your information for marketing and monitoring:
We may use your personal information for occasional marketing. We may also use your personal information in association with business partners and third parties for:-
- Service providers we appoint as our agents to perform services on our behalf.
- Our professional advisors including Accountants, Solicitors, Credit reference agencies and Debt collection agencies
- Emergency services, Government departments and public body in the event that we need to report accidents or incidents
We may send you marketing information about our own and other organisations' goods and services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you and where required by law, we will ask you for your consent at the time we collect your personal information to conduct any of these types of marketing. For quality control, training and staff safeguarding purposes, we may monitor or record your calls with us. When you use “online functions”, we may collect your name, address, email address and phone number..
You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time through the ‘contact us” or email: Here. You may also call our Customer Services on +44 (0) 1553 764900.
We may technology provided by credit reference agencies that process personal information that you provide us in order to analyse your creditworthiness, which helps us to decide if we are able to offer you an account through which you can purchase products and services from The Company We will continue to exchange information about you with the credit reference agencies on an ongoing basis, including details about your settled accounts, and any debts not fully repaid on time. Credit reference agencies may share this information with other organisations which may use it to make decisions on future applications for credit.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose for which they were collected. Certain transaction details and correspondence may be retained until the time limit for claims in respect of the transaction has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such personal information.
Where you use our web sites, we will process your personal information collected by using cookies in accordance with our cookies policy. By restricting our cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
How do we protect your personal information?
No data transmission over the Internet, or websites can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we take commercially reasonable, physical, electronic and procedural measures to protect the personal information disclosed to us in accordance with data protection legislative requirements. All personal information you provide to us is accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We use no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of the Site, but use encryption on portions where you are transmitting financial information, such as credit card payment information. However, keep in mind that there is no such thing as impregnable security.
Your Privacy Rights:
You have a right to be provided with clear and transparent information about how we use your personal information,
- You have a right of access and are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee in certain jurisdictions).
- You can ask us to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
- You have a right to object, where legitimate, to the processing of personal information relating to you. Please note that there may be certain categories of information we are entitled not to provide.
- You have a right ‘to be forgotten’ and request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there is no compelling business reason for us to keep it, or its use is unlawful.
- You have a right to restrict, block or suppress further use of your personal information as an alternative to erasure.
If your personal information changes and you don't want us to send you the information you have requested (including to opt-out of future marketing), or you wish to exercise any of your right or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting the Company.
How to Contact us:
The Managing Director (Data Protection Officer)
TEN Automotive Equipment Limited
Lubeck Road, North Lynn Industrial Estate
Norfolk PE30 2JE
Telephone : + 44 (0)1553 764900
ICO Reference: ZA423543
If after contacting The Company you are still unhappy you may also complain to the Information Commissioner quoting our ICO Reference Number above. Contact details can be found at the website Here